Today, I was reading on Fear the Fin a thread about different habits that Sharks fans have, during the games. My FTF membership is new, so I can’t post these habits for another couple of days (when my membership becomes “official”. So here you go:
- First and foremost, I wear a Sharks article of clothing (the more, the better). Shirt, hat, flannels, whatever I can.
- On game day, before the game (or as soon as I can get to it), I put up my 3’x5′ Sharks flag in my office window, with the light inside, illuminating my allegiance.
- More flag rules: If the Sharks win the game, the flag stays up and illuminated until I go to bed. If they lose, the flag comes down at the end of the game, immediately.
- The game must be watched live or as close to possible. I still believe that I have some effect on the game, if I watch it DVR’d, but only if there are no other options.
- I shut off Sports Center game alerts to my phone…just in case.
That’s pretty much it. There have been times when the Sharks are losing and I realize that my flag is not in the office window. I’ve run down, put it up, only to see the Sharks rebound. So this is pretty crucial.