I’m only 12 hours away from the gun going off and panicking. Some questions are coming up as the time draws nigh, but as I get the answers (even if that means learning in the middle of the race), I’ll post them.
- When do I put on the wetsuit? Do I drive to the race in it, or do I put it on when I get there?
Answer: I put it on when I got there. Worked just fine, had plenty of time.
- What do I do with my wetsuit when I hit T1?
Answer: We draped it over the transition bike racks (good to have your name in it)
- Why didn’t I buy a floor pump, when I first thought I should? My front tire is slightly low and I’m not sure what to do about it…
Answer: Nothing I could do then. Needed to have a bike pump. Rode with a low-pressured tire.
- How in the heck do you affix the bike number?
Answer: Going with the Staple to the Top Tube Method method. This actually worked great.
- How do you affix your helmet number when your helmet is not “sticker-friendly” in the front? Answer: Scissors and clear tape, my friend.
- Got this inhaler…is there a place to store it during the swim?
Answer: Did what I’d read others do. I put it on the inside of my wetsuit leg, just above the ankle. It worked well and I forgot about it during the swim (also, I was lucky to have brought it, because I used it in the middle of the swim).